100 days of January

Has long did January lasted?? I swear it felt like 100 days!

Most of mine was spent with ibuprofen and pajamas, so I guess it makes sense? I also feel like I had to readjust my mind set 100 times during January. From "this is going to be terrible month" to "thank God I'm able to take time off to recover" to "if I don't don't get out of the house I'm going to lose my mind" and then back to "I never want to leave my bed and my heating pad is my best friend"

I tell you, it was a wild ride! 

I did figure somethings out during January though. I figured out how to give myself some grace. I allowed my body to rest and recover. Maybe it was by virtue of getting older...who knows. Whatever it was though, it felt good. I slowed down and I focused on what I needed, and if it was help that I needed, I asked for it. 

That's progress, folks. 

I couldn't have done any of that without two of the very best though. Matt and Viv were the best dynamic duo I could've asked for. The cooked, they cleaned, they helped me move from bed to couch, they rearranged my side table, they tightened my binder, they tied my shoes and they made sure my heating pad was always within reach.



My trusted side kick was good company too

When Matt asked what I wanted to eat and I said that bread sounded good, he made sure it was toasted and buttered with a balsamic spring mix glaze on top. He made homemade noodles and pork roast with parmesan veggies and Viv came in strong with Swiss bread french toast.





We were also in the middle of round two of snowmageddon. So between all of that, Matt and Viv shoveled, and sledded. And then they shoveled some more. My view though, was probably the best in the house :)






And one more thing...get yourself some friends that make you laugh until your stitches feel like they're going to pop! I have the absolute best friends. They're spread all over the country, but they show up in the best and funniest ways when needed. 


And with that, January is closed out! 



















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Head of the Occoquan 2023

Alaska 2024